Eco- fiber Product Information
The future of Swimming Pool Filtration. It’s Simple. Eco-Fiber is the lightweight alternative to other filter materials and ensures crystal-clear water.
How to use Eco-Fiber
- Switch the Pump/Filtration system off making it safe to work on.
- Open the filter lid, replace the bolts in the holes they came from. This avoids sand getting in there while removing the old sand.
- Remove all the old sand, being careful not to damage any of the filter fingers inside, ensure that the filter fingers are not blocked with sand and clean if necessary
- Once all the sand is out, ensure the breather pipe is not blocked. (If your filter is fitted with one)
- Rinse the filter with clean water doing your best to get rid of excess dirt which may have been left inside. The hard part is done.
How long does Eco-Fiber last?
Every Swimming pool is different, condition and environment depict how often ECO-FIBER® would need to be cleaned. We recommend once every 3 months, some pools go 6 and others even 12 months. However, your Automatic Pool Cleaner is the tell-tale. When it starts to get sluggish, basically the ECO-FIBER® is saturated with dirt and in
- Switch the system off and open the filter lid.
- Remove all the ECO-FIBER® from the filter.
- Do your best to remove the remaining sediment & dirt from the bottom of the filter.
- Using a bucket with clean water, dip and squeeze the dirty ECO-FIBER® blocks as your would do rinsing a bath sponge. You will need to replenish the bucket a few times with clean water.
- Once clean, add ECO-FIBER® back into the filter.
Water and Electricity Savings by Switching to Eco-Fiber
Each pool differs in flow rate depending on pump size, distance from pool etc. etc., but, assuming the following;
- A 0.75kw pump has a flow rate of 266lt a minute.
- It uses 750 Watts per hour
- Cost of water is 0.0135c per litre
- Cost of electricity is 0.001c per Watt
WATER SAVING DUE TO NO BACKWASHING
ELECTRICITY SAVING DUE TO REDUCED PUMP RUNNING TIME BY 2 HOURS A DAY
A total of R3600 savings in Water and Electricity over 3 years
based on current rates which will be going up drastically over the next few years.
How to clean Eco-Fiber
How Eco-Fiber is manufactured
Watch this really informative video to find out more